|Staffworks, Central New York’s largest provider of comprehensive staffing services, and its founder Anita Vitullo pledge to match all donations up to $5,000! Your tax-deductible gift to the Staffworks Charitable Fund by December 31, 2016 and earmarked for the Animal Alliance of Greater Syracuse will help double the impact to $10,000 for life-saving projects!
Although the Animal Alliance of Greater Syracuse is only six years old, your ongoing contributions and encouragement enable us to be an effective advocate for homeless pets in our community. Topping our “to do” list for animals is opening a high-volume, low-cost spay/neuter clinic to serve the thousands of pet-loving families in Central New York for whom the average cost of a spay or neuter procedure is far beyond their financial means. We’re grateful to everyone who supports this effort!
Creating this clinic is at the heart of our mission to reduce animal suffering and homelessness. A part-time director is now onboard, focusing on raising funds and securing a site. The AAGS clinic project has been accepted by and will operate under the guidelines of the Humane Alliance of the ASPCA.
Your help is needed now more than ever!
Untold numbers of homeless cats and dogs enter our shelters or run the streets every day.Pets without homes are often underfed, unhealthy, or dying.Local government policies for safeguarding homeless pets are improving, but rescues remain full and some shelters still struggle with days when they must close their doors to new arrivals.
The goal of opening our community’s high-volume, low-cost spay and neuter clinic is finally within reach. With your help we can cross the finish line!
And now, thanks to Anita Vitullo and Staffworks…
YOU CAN DOUBLE YOUR IMPACT ON ANIMAL WELFARE IN OUR COMMUNITY!
The Staffworks Fund will match gifts up to $5,000 in total. All gifts must be received by December 31, 2016.
- To donate online, please make your gift to http://foundationhoc.org/staffworks/. Note “Animal Alliance of Greater Syracuse” in the comments section.
- To donate by check, please make it out to the “Staffworks Fund of The Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties, Inc.” Add that it is designated for the Animal Alliance of Greater Syracuse. Mail your contribution to: 2608 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 13502.
- To donate by phone, please call (315) 735-8212.
Your ongoing support has made it possible to strengthen the humane safety net for our animals. Thank you!
There is much work ahead, but with your support we can continue to improve the lives of the most vulnerable of our animals.
Your generosity has been crucially important to all our initiatives!
- Your support enabled the Leg Up Fund, established in May 2015, to provide critical veterinary care for 14 strays, many of whom required surgical procedures and extensive therapy.Thirteen have found loving families; Arabella, our fourteenth, is patiently waiting for her turn while she recovers from an amputation.Thank you again for making these “happy tails” possible!
- Your desire for stronger protections for animals fuels our efforts.We participate in speaking engagements, social media campaigns, collaborations with local and statewide groups, and problem-solving initiatives with government representatives.AAGS actively encourages our local shelters to adopt a more collaborative and progressive approach to sheltering—because eliminating pet homelessness is critical to all of us!
- Your tenacious belief in the dignity and worth of animals encouraged AAGS to co-found and participate in the CNY Animal Cruelty Task Force.We target compassionate solutions that not only protect our animals through legislation but also address the underlying link to human poverty and domestic abuse, child abuse, and elder abuse. AAGS Court Observers attend virtually every city and county animal abuse court hearing and meet with representatives of the Court, the legal community, and law enforcement.
Our heartfelt thanks go to Anita Vitullo and to YOU!